Existing Clients: Links and FAQs
Access your client portal
Sign into your secure Simple Practice client portal here to manage your appointments, view billing documents, and update payment and insurance information.
*Please note: Simple Practice does not use a password to log in, and so there is no password reset option. Click the link above and you will be prompted to enter your email address. You will then receive an email with a secure login link that will bring you directly to your client portal.
I need to cancel my appointment
Cancelling an appointment with at least 24 hours notice can be done directly through your client portal here.
Please note that per our cancellation policy, all appointments must be cancelled or rescheduled with a minimum of 24 hours notice. If you cancel in less than 24 hours, you will not be able to cancel via the portal. An $85 missed appointment fee is applied to all appointments missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
Some additional notes about cancellations:
- If the client portal states “Call to Cancel,” that means it is within 24 hours and you must call or email to cancel, and the missed appointment fee will apply. If you feel you have an extenuating circumstance that has caused you to cancel within 24 hours, please include this in your message.
- Once your message has been sent via email or you have left a voicemail, we have received your message and are waiting to hear from your clinician for the appropriate follow-up. Please be assured, we will respond shortly and a charge will not be applied before you hear back from us if you have reached out.
- If availability permits, your therapist may offer an alternative time to reschedule your session later in the week, in order to avoid the missed appointment fee. Please note that we also ask for 24 hours notice when rescheduling, to ensure therapist availability.
- You are also welcome to reschedule your session through the portal, however, if it is within 24 hours, you will not be able to cancel your initial session and we ask that you call or email and let us know the reason you need to reschedule, and inform us that an alternative time has been requested.
How do I reach my therapist?
Because our therapists are in sessions with clients throughout the day, we centralize all client communication through our administrative team for more timely support.
Therapists do not have a direct email or phone number to contact, but our administrative team is able and happy to help with most inquiries (scheduling, billing, accessing appointments, insurance changes, etc.). If you have a message that you need to send to your therapist, please direct this to our administrative team and we will pass the message along.
The administrative team can be reached by:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (401) 441-8449
Additional notes about communication:
- Please note: if you contact us via phone, you must leave a message for the alert to be received. Your message will then be responded to directly, or passed along to your clinician as appropriate.
- As noted above, clinicians are meeting with clients throughout the day, and may not see notification of your outreach for several hours. For this reason, we cannot provide emergency services. Should you find yourself having a psychiatric emergency, please call 911 or contact your local emergency department.
- If your inquiry requires us to consult with your therapist, for the reasons noted above, there may be a delay in our response. Please be assured that we are working on your inquiry, and will get back to you as soon as we have been able to connect with your therapist.
- Some therapists prefer to reach out directly via phone after they receive your message from the administrative team. All phone communication from your therapist will come from a blocked/private phone number.
Our therapists are meeting with clients throughout the day and therefore we cannot guarantee that messages will be received in a timely manner. For this reason we are unable to provide immediate, time-sensitive, or crisis support.
If you are experiencing a psychiatric emergency, please call 911 or visit your local emergency room.
For other crisis supports you can access:
- Bradley Hospital - Access Center Crisis Services for Children & Adolescents: 1-855-KID-LINK (1-855-543-5465)
- Bradley Hospital (Lifespan) Child Psychiatric Emergency Services: Open 24/7 Hasbro Children's Hospital 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, Phone: 401-444-4779
- Butler Hospital Emergency Assessment: Open 24hrs, 7 days/wk 345 Blackstone Boulevard, Riverview Building, Providence, RI 02906, P: (844) 401-011. Message from Butler Emergency Department: If you are experiencing an emergency or if you’re are at risk of harming yourself or others, call 911 immediately. If possible, please call ahead before arriving. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To get direct help and guidance about mental health services, call the Behavioral Health Service Call Center, available 24/7 at 1 (844) 401-0111.
- Gateway Crisis & Emergency Services: Our crisis/emergency services department delivers 24-hour emergency services, assessment and crisis intervention via phone. In person behavioral health emergency services are also available on a limited basis.
- Pawtucket Emergency Department: 401-723-1915
- Johnston Emergency Department: 401-553-1031
- Charlestown Emergency Department: 401-364-7705
- Newport Mental Health - Weekday Walk-In Assessment Services: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.,127 Johnny Cake Hill Road, Middletown, Rhode Island 02842, Call 401-846-1213. No appointments necessary.
- Newport Mental Health Emergency Crisis Line: 24/7 401-846-1213
- 414-LINK (414-5465) is the Behavioral Health Link phone number for a one-stop, statewide 24/7 call-in center that connects people to appropriate care and resources for anyone experiencing a behavioral healthcare crisis.
- Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741 Connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357), (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service) or TTY: 1-800-487-4889 is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a- year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations. Callers can also order free publications and other information.
Client portal FAQs
1) Getting started: How to log into the client portal and complete your initial paperwork
Start by clicking here to access our client portal sign-in page.
Then click on the "documents" tab at the top left of your screen, and you will see outstanding documents waiting for completion, including entering your contact and billing information.
2) Viewing your completed documents
You can view your completed documents (signed consents, privacy practices, our practice policies and procedures) any time directly through your client portal by logging in and clicking on the “documents” tab at the top left of your screen.
3) Password-less login
Simple Practice (the HIPAA compliant electronic health record system we use at HH) uses something called “password-less login” for client portal sign-in to ensure the privacy of your account. What this means is that when you enter your email on the sign-in page, instead of being prompted to enter a password as well, you will be prompted to check your email. In your email you’ll find an auto-generated message from Simple Practice with a secure link. Click that link, and you’re in! Links expire every 24hrs for your security.
4) Managing your appointments online
At HH we use an online booking system for your convenience. You can cancel and request appointments directly through your client portal.
First, log in to your client portal here. Once you are logged in you can view existing appointments by clicking on the "appointments" tab at the top left of your screen. From there you can view upcoming appointments, and cancel appointments as needed. **Please note: if you are trying to cancel an appointment online and the system is prompting you to call the office instead, it is because your appointment is scheduled for within the next 24hrs and you have missed the designated window for cancellations outlined in our policies and procedures. Please notify us of any extenuating circumstances, otherwise our missed appointment fee will apply.
To request an appointment, click on "request appointment" at the top right to view your therapist's availability and request an appointment. You will be notified via email when your appointment request has been accepted.
5) Updating your payment information
You can update your payment information securely any time directly through the client portal. Just log in to your client portal, then click on "billing and payments" at the top left of the screen, and then click on "payment methods" to edit or update your information.