Kristen Acciari, LICSW, CYT
Kristen was first drawn to yoga on her own healing journey and was both surprised and profoundly impacted by the depth and benefits of the practice. In her work as a clinician, Kristen noted the limitations of traditional talk therapy and looked to her own experiences with yoga for ways to work with the complexity of the human experience in a more integrative way. She intentionally sought out a program that emphasized the spiritual, philosophical, and personal growth dimensions of yoga, and completed her 200-hour Pranotthan Yoga Teacher certification in 2014. Kristen passionately believes in the strength and resilience of the human spirit and the healing capacity of compassionate, nonjudgmental, awareness and presence.
Kristen is a great match for you if:
- You prefer gentle to moderate movement
- You are looking to increase self-awareness through mindfulness cuing and self-observation
- You are looking to work with an instructor with a background in mental health
- You want to explore and include spirituality in your practice
TRAININGS & CERITIFCATIONS:
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) in RI & MA
- Certificate of Graduate Studies in Holistic Studies from Salve Regina University
- 200hr Certified Yoga Teacher
- Restorative yoga training
- Yoga Nidra training coming soon*
CLASSES WITH KRISTEN:
Wednesdays 9:30am-10:30am Yoga for Anxiety: This class encourages a sense of grounding and releasing through slow, mindful movement, breath work, and emphasis on present-moment awareness.
1st Wednesday Monthly Guided Meditation: Relax the physical body and journey deep into your consciousness to connect with your intuition, inner wisdom, and deeper sense of knowing. Bring any props that will make you feel most comfortable, or set yourself up with some of ours. Practice can be done seated or lying down.*cash donation
Thursdays 5:30pm-6:30pm & Saturdays 11:00am-12:00pm Yoga for Trauma: Taught by a licensed mental health provider & certified yoga instructor, this class places intentional consideration on the needs of individuals who have experienced trauma. Class size will be extremely small (7 students maximum) in order to ensure plenty of personal space, with mindful cuing, no hands on assists of any kind, and intentional space-setting and posture facilitation. *Due to limited class size pre-registration is required for this class.
Kristen also provides individual holistic counseling services. See more about her clinical approach here.